An introduction to systems thinking and tools for systems thinking
This slide set provides an introduction to systems thinking and tools for systems thinking. It covers 5 main topic areas:
- Introduction: Why decision-makers are moving towards a systems thinking approach to better deal with complex situations in health, environment, education, etc.
- Basics of systems thinking
- Systemic design – linking systems thinking and design
- Introduction to range of tools/methods that support systems thinking and systemic design in practice
- Nurturing & supporting systems thinking in your practice
An independent systems scientist, action research practitioner and evaluator, with 30 years of experience in sustainable development and natural resource management. He is particularly interested in the development of planning, monitoring and evaluation tools that are outcome focused, and contribute towards efforts that foster social learning, sustainable development and adaptive management.