Some sites that link to LfS
Often, a good way to find similar resources is to find links between sites. This page is designed to make those other pages easier to find by providing a listing of those which contain links to this website. You will also notice that, when you click on a link, the site will open in a new browser window. In many cases, these sites provide information on - and links to - a range of relevant topics. Therefore, once you arrive at a new site, additional searching of a menu or file hierarchy can often prove fruitful.
- Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) The Society for Conservation Biology is an international professional organization dedicated to advancing the science and practice of conserving the Earth's biological diversity.
- Intute > Science, Engineering and Technology Intute offers a free, easy to use and powerful tool for discovering the best Internet resources for teaching, learning and research, covering the physical sciences, engineering, computing, geography, mathematics and environmental science. The service is maintained by the University of Manchester and Heriot-Watt University.
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Provides information on environmental quality in the State of Michigan, as well as a wide range of links to key international sites in this area
- Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service (CSREES) Link listed under their sustainable development resource section. CSREES is an agency within the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), part of the executive branch of the Federal Government.
- Practical Action - Economics and society links Links to external websites concerning economics and society, including Community, Urban Society, Social Change, Environmental Issues and Climate Change.
- Links to Personal Skills, Teamwork, Facilitation and Leadership and also links to the page on systems and systems thinking. This site from ICRA - International Centre for development oriented Research in Agriculture - covers things like facilitation, leadership, interdisciplinarity and change management.
- Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries - New Zealand Operating your projects - links that provide assistance with aspects of project management.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa Governance, Management and Planning - links that support policies and planning that will form the building blocks of the museum.
- CommunityNet Aotearoa Listed under their Community development links section. This site is an information sharing resource for NZ community and voluntary groups. Here you'll find guides, news and tools for and by clubs, groups, charities, trusts, hapu & iwi.
- Advocacy evaluation Links to sites on evaluation from The Change Agency (Australia). The Change Agency works with activists and community organisers to help people clarify their purpose and develop plans that will enable them to be heard, focus their energies and achieve social and environmental outcomes.
- communitybuilders.nsw This is the Australian NSW Government's communitybuilders web site. This site aims to help local communities across the State share ideas on how to enhance and strengthen their community.
- Forum: Science and Innovation for Sustainable Development The Forum seeks to facilitate information exchange and discussion among the growing and diverse group of individuals, institutions, and networks engaged in the field of science and technology for sustainability and to provide access to emerging ideas, relevant activities, key documents and web sites. The site itself grew out of discussions at the Friibergh Workshop on Sustainability Science.
- Improving the Lives of People in Forests The purpose of this website, developed by IUFRO’s Task Force on Improving the Lives of People in forests, is to make widely available information and materials that can be more widely used to improve such people’s lives.
- Botanics Garden Conservation International (BGCI) Education Newsletter May 2007. BGCI is the world's largest plant conservation network.
- Office of Sustainability: University of Utah This page has a number of on-line resources related to different aspects of sustainability.
- Mangrove Action Project Links and resources: Educational & informational. The Mangrove Action Project is dedicated to reversing the degradation and loss of mangrove forest ecosystems worldwide. Its main goal is to promote the rights of traditional and indigenous coastal peoples, including fishers and farmers, to sustainably manage their coastal environs.
- Sustainability of Horticultural Practices This is the conference page for the PlantNetwork Spring conference supported by the Royal Horticultural Society Wednesday 19 to 21 April 2006. PlantNetwork is the plant collections network of Britain and Ireland.
- Roberts Evaluation Pty Ltd This is the links page of a Melbourne based consultancy firm which specialises in program evaluation and qualitative research, especially in rural industry.
- FORUM: Science and Innovation for Sustainable Development - Resources and also here. The Forum on Science and Innovation for Sustainable Development is an attempt to outline the burgeoning field. Rather than looking broadly at sustainability, the Forum focuses on the way in which science and innovation can be conducted and applied to meet human needs while preserving the life support systems of the planet. It highlights people and programs that are studying nature-society interactions and applying the resulting knowledge to create a sustainability transition around the world.
- Advancing conservation in a social context (ACSC) The issue of how to more effectively practice conservation in a context that is unmistakably, and inextricably, social has emerged as a dominant unresolved question in conservation. Advancing Conservation in a Social Context (ACSC) is a five-year interdisciplinary research initiative designed to generate knowledge about, and promote potential solutions to, the trade-offs that characterize these complex ecological and social relationships. (see learning networks).
- Participatory Avenues, the Gateway to Community Mapping, PGIS & PPGIS This page provides links to web sites dealing with "participation" in the context of integrated conservation and development. See participatory learning and action.
- Te Puna Web Directory - Health The aim of Te Puna Web Directory is to provide a subject gateway to selected New Zealand and Pacific Island Internet information resources that help libraries, their users, and all New Zealanders meet their professional, educational, cultural and personal information needs.
- University of Utah The Office of Sustainability is an advocate for campus sustainability, supports initiatives implemented by sustainability working groups, acts as a clearinghouse for information on sustainability initiatives being carried out by other departments and groups at the U of Utah.
- University of Pennsylvania This page provides some selected links to sites that provide resources for thinking around careers in sustainability.
- The World Wide Web Virtual Library: Public Health Homepage: Educational resources This virtual library is maintained by the School of public health and community medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney Australia.
- Registered Professional Foresters Association of Nova Scotia (RPFANS) RPFANS is a non-profit association for professional foresters who’s objective is to improve the holistic management of all the forest resources in the Province of Nova Scotia.
- Action and research open webThis site is part of the Action and research open web by Jack Whitehead (NRM-changelinks.net)
- Connected WaterThis site is part of the Australian Managing Connected Water Resources project. (NRM-changelinks.net)
- Australian Development GatewayThis Aus Aid site site provides links to sites on sustainable livelihoods.
- CSCT projectFramework for education for sustainable development in teacher training - links of interest
- Co-Intelligence Institute (CII)The nonprofit Co-Intelligence Institute (CII) promotes awareness of co-intelligence and of the many existing tools and ideas that can be used to increase it. The CII embraces all such ideas and methods, and explores and catalyzes their integrated application to democratic renewal, community problems, organizational transformation, national and global crises and the creation of just, vibrant, sustainable cultures.
- Schgool of Medecine and Public Health This is their links and resources page for the University of Wisconsin
Newsletters, blogs & ezines
- ECCHO News (May 07) The ECCHO (Ecosystems, Climate Change and Health Omnibus) Project is the umbrella for several research studies. ECCHO works to promote multi-disciplinary, multi-sectoral, multi-stakeholder projects in the fields of ecosystem health and human health as related to climate change research, both in Canada and overseas.
- eblast Building Local Agricultural Systems Today. Volume 4:Issue 4 May 2007. This is the newsletter of The Food Project. Based in Massachussets (USA), this project aims grow a thoughtful and productive community of youth and adults from diverse backgrounds who work together to build a sustainable food system. They produce healthy food for residents of the city and suburbs and provide youth leadership opportunities ... especially seeking to inspire and support others to create change in their own communities.
- NWFP-Digest-L No. 6/07 FAO’s NWFP-Digest-L, a free e-mail journal that covers all aspects of non-wood forest products.
- Panui - CommunityNet Aotearoa New Zealand - Issue 59 February 2007 an information sharing resource for NZ community and voluntary groups. Here you'll find guides, news and tools for and by clubs, groups, charities, trusts, hapu & iwi. The site is also listed from their links directory: research.
- The Ministry of Civil Defence & Emergency Management: E-Bulletin - E-bulletin-May09
- Resource Management in Asia-Pacific program (RMAP) bulletin - February 2007
- Systemic musings A blog where Ray Ison, Professor of Systems at the UK Open University, reflects on contemporary issues from a systemic perspective.
Different listings of backlinks for different site domains
- Yahoo links (c 760)
- Yahoo links (c 120)
- Yahoo links (c 700)